Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas to Send Your Friends & Family
Sunday, November 1, 2020 by Eric Olesen
Everyone loves to celebrate a holiday, and it doesn’t get any more special than Thanksgiving where you can gather around those you love to eat, drink and count your blessings. Yet, if you can’t be in the same place this year, we have the perfect selection of yummy Thanksgiving dessert ideas that you can send to your family and friends to let them know you’re thinking of them.
Thanksgiving Desserts for Large Crowds
Thanksgiving is the perfect excuse to share a feast with loved ones, and you can make sure that no one misses out on delicious dessert with our crowd-pleasing favorites. If you have a big family or just want to extend the celebration throughout the weekend, these are some great choices:
- Royal Scandinavian Collection: As a tribute to our love for almonds, these desserts are the perfect sweet delight to enjoy while you share tales of your past year with family and friends. Featuring our Almond Kringle, Almond Custard Seven Sisters Coffee cake and Scandinavian Almond crown cake, the hard part will be deciding which dessert to try first.
- Give Thanks Package: When everyone gathers around the table, you have to be ready with both the best food and drink. Our most popular Thanksgiving desserts are the stars of this package. Start with our wonderful Thanksgiving “Stuffed” Kringle, which was even featured in Midwest Living Magazines 2019 Holiday Gift Guide. Once you have a taste of that, warm our Apple Cinnamon Kringle Pie up in the oven for a few minutes and grab the ice cream. Throw in our delicious whole bean Gokstad Coffee and you’ll have everything you will need for everyone at your table.
- Kransekager (15 rings): Nothing will impress your crowd like our Kransekager masterpiece. A traditional Scandinavian celebration cake made from fifteen pastry rings, this dessert tower is easy to assemble. You can also hide something a little special in the hollow center as a fun surprise for your guests.
Light Desserts for Thanksgiving
We know that traditional holiday feasts usually only leave you with a small amount of room for pudding, which is why we have included our top light desserts for Thanksgiving that won’t leave you bursting at the seams. These also make great options to send to family and friends all across the country!
- Apple Cinnamon Kringle Pie: What do you get when you put together a Kringle and a pie?! An incredibly delicious treat, that’s what!
- Danish Dream Cake: This light and moist sponge cake topped with a caramelized mix of coconut and brown sugar will live up to its name and taste like a dream after any meal.
- Copenhagen Crown Cake: The vanilla and cream cheese flavor of our Copenhagen Crown cake pairs beautifully with fruit for a refreshing after-dinner treat. Alternatively, you can just sit back and relish in the delicious simplicity of flavors.
Pumpkin desserts and Thanksgiving go hand in hand, which is why we have a large selection at our bakery, including our favorites below.
- Pumpkin Caramel Kringle: Surrounded by light, buttery, and flaky pastry topped with pecans, our yummy blend of pumpkin, spices, and caramel is an unforgettable mouthwatering Kringle treat that will be the perfect end to your Thanksgiving meal. Some customers have even told us it’s better than pumpkin pie!
- Thanksgiving Pumpkin Brownies: A unique take on the classic chocolate brownie, we use our signature pumpkin filling and top with cream cheese frosting to create a delicious Thanksgiving treat. Hand decorated with pumpkins, these brownies not only taste great, but look festive too. We’ve been serving these in our stores for years and years and our customers love them!
Desserts to Impress
If you're looking to make a winning impression, we have a delicious and decorative selection of Thanksgiving desserts to impress your family and friends.
- Fall Danish Layer Cake: Beautifully hand-crafted and decorated with a bounty of the fall harvest, this cake almost looks too good to eat. Yet your guest won’t be disappointed when they bite into this moist yellow cake with raspberry jam and creamy custard filling.
- Pair of Pairs: Two pastries are better than one, especially when it is these two! Our most popular Kringle, Pecan, is expertly blended with brown sugar and cinnamon and it’s paired with our Almond Custard Seven Sisters Coffee Cake, which has been a customer favorite in our bakery for over 60 years!
- Danish Cinnamon Apple Bread Pudding: For something warm on a cool fall evening, this cinnamon apple pudding containing vanilla egg soaked pastry pieces and sweet butter streusel will leave your guests wanting more than one serving!
Chocolate Desserts for Thanksgiving
Our chocolate Thanksgiving desserts will go down as treats with every holidaymaker.
- Thanksgiving cake: Just looking at our decadent chocolate layer cake will start your mouth watering. This cake is a fun and delicious addition to any Thanksgiving celebration with our adorable hand-decorated frosted Turkey topping and dark chocolate silk filling.
- Dark Chocolate Croissant Pie: This chocolate bread pudding-style pie with hints of hazelnut flavor is a perfect indulgent dessert to top off your festive feast.
Non-Pie Thanksgiving Desserts
When you want a Thanksgiving dessert that is not a pie, we have the ideal alternative that is packed full of flavor.
- Cranberry Kringle: The tart flavor of local Wisconsin cranberries is beautifully balanced with our light and tender Danish pastry and smooth, creamy icing for a delicious treat.
- Thanksgiving Stuffed Kringle: You can get your fix of traditional Thanksgiving flavors with our cranberry and pecan Kringle that is packed with extra filling for a truly satisfying dessert.
- Brandy Old Fashioned Fruit Cake: With rum-soaked raisins, premium brandy, pecans, and quality fruits, our Brandy Old Fashioned Fruit Cake is sure to hit the spot.
Order Thanksgiving Desserts Online from O&H Danish Bakery
When you need easy Thanksgiving desserts for a crowd or to send to family and friends, you can count on us to deliver on flavor and appearance. You can order online from the comfort of your home and let us take care of the delivery.